Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sliders


Yes. I titled this Sliders. As in yum. Not as in the desperate Indian's mascot Slider who is failing at doing anything to help the Indian's win.  Well, the team isn't helping too much either.  Anyway, I wanted to make EVERY burger they had in Food Network Magazine, but my parent's tiny little stomachs wouldn't be able to handle it. (And when I say tiny, I mean tiny; at dinner, I eat more than the two of them combined)  So I settled for three different baby sliders:
This is just the beginning of the burgers (the best part--the meat, obviously--is yet to come). The slider on the left, the Bistro Burger, is dressed with dijon mustard, a frisee salad, which includes frisee lettuce, sliced shallots, oil, dijon mustard, and bacon drippings.  The tiny patty was eventually topped with crispy bacon and a fried egg.  The one in the middle, the Italian Burger, begins with gorgonzola cheese,  then arugula lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette is between that and the patty.  Then the meat is topped with thin sliced salami (more meat, what else?), and baby bella mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and Italian seasonings.  Lastly, the burger on the right was to become a garden burger.  It begins with a slice of tomato topped with red leaf lettuce then is topped with avocado and alfalfa sprouts tossed in a green goddess dressing (a mayonaise, basil, lemon and chives mixture).
The dinner resulted in:
They ended up being not as messy as they look right here!  However, I must admit, it was still too much food for my parents.  I'll save the sides for another day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment